I’m 5’4″and 50 years old, and I weigh 220 pounds.
At the end of the Slimmer This Summer Challenge, I weighed 206. I had lost twelve pounds in twelve weeks for the challenge. The challenge was a huge success for me.
My next check-in here will be Oct. 8, at the half-way point in this experiment.
Here’s the schedule.
- start: May 22, 2011 ~ weight 220
- start Summer Challenge: June 6 ~ weight 218
- end Summer Challenge: August 28 ~ weight 206
- start Give Yourself the Best Gift Sept. 18 ~weight 208
- going for loss of 2 pounds a week for first 4 weeks
- going for 1 pound a week loss for the remainder of the challenge
- halfway mark: October 8, 2011 ~ target weight 200
- My check in at the half-way point:
- 206 pounds= +6
- 20 weeks, 14 pounds. Not where I wanted to be, and yet, I’m encouraged, because I lost these 14 pounds fairly painlessly. And I think I can keep going if I take a long-term approach and go slowly. If I set my goals too high, I always fail, but if I look at the 14 pounds that are gone instead of looking at the 26 pounds I still need to lose (66, really, but only 26 in this first 40 weeks), then I can see that I’ve made progress. I have found that 10,000 calories a week is plenty, if I limit high calorie foods (breads and sugars and oils and dressings), and that’s a great thing. So I’m encouraged and setting off on the next twenty weeks, convinced I can do a little better now, because I’ve learned several things in the first twenty weeks that I wasn’t aware of before.
- end Give Yourself the Best Gift: Dec. 31 ~ target weight 188
- forty weeks: February 25, 2012 ~ weight 180
If I’m successful with these first forty weeks, I’ll go into a second forty weeks. We shall see.
I will keep track of daily calories at loseit.com and I will log weekly calories and weight on this blog.
I am kicking this off in conjunction with the Slimmer This Summer Challenge.